We are recruiting for a full time accounts assistant to join our team, currently based in Wallingford. If you, or anybody you know, would be suitable for this role please do get in touch!
See below for details!
Job title: Accounts Assistant
Accountable to: The Directors
- £16,000 - £20,000 per annum, depending on experience and qualifications.
- Pension scheme
- 22 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Further AAT or ACCA training package available after probation period
Hours: 37.5 per week
Location: Wallingford, Oxfordshire
About us: We are a growing firm of accountants based in Wallingford, Oxfordshire and we seek a part qualified accountant on a full time basis. The company was formed by the two Directors in 2015 and we are looking for an accounts assistant to join the team. Further details about the company available at www.colmerwinchester.com
The main purpose of the job is to provide accountancy support for the Directors. Due to the current small size of the team, there will be some admin work included within the role.
You will be required to:
- Complete bookkeeping for some clients, recording sales and purchase invoices and reconciling bank accounts. To also include the preparation of prepayment, accruals and depreciation accounting adjustments
- Prepare and submit monthly payroll reports to HM Revenue and Customs
- Prepare accounts and associated working papers for Limited Company/Partnership/Sole trader accounts for the Directors to review
- Prepare and submit VAT returns on behalf of clients
- Prepare and submit Confirmation Statements to Companies House on behalf of clients
- Communicate with clients via email, phone and in person where required
- Complete other practice administration where requested
Due to the current size of the team, there is also the opportunity to get involved with Marketing, and especially social media within the company.
Essential Skills Required:
- AAT part qualified minimum level 3.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Car and full driving licence.
- Calm, professional manner
- Good communication skills.
- Some work experience within an accountancy practice.
Knowledge of the following items are preferable but not essential:
- Xero Accounting Software.
- Brightpay payroll or other payroll packages.
- IRIS Accounting software.
- Sage and Quickbooks.
Please send a covering letter and an up to date CV to Andy Winchester at Andy@colmerwinchester.com